Monday, January 08, 2018

California Wine Tasting...

Unfortunately, Ashlynn had to get back to Holland in time for school, so she had to fly out the day before Ann’s birthday. Luckily for Ann there were more surprises in store as although she knew that her daughter Robin would be arriving that day, she didn’t know that her granddaughter Alex would be coming along.
After Dad and I dropped Ashlynn off, Leigh and Mike picked me and Alex up to take us into the Saratoga Hills to do some local wine tasting, which I’d never done before. Our first stop was Ridge Winery, high in the hills above where I grew up. 
While not quite as expensive as Napa, I was still surprised by the charge for wine tasting and high prices of the wines themselves. We’re definitely spoiled by low wine prices in Holland.
While I’d seen Gender Neutral signs before, I’d never seen this particular one... 
 ...nor do I remember ever seeing this sign before.
We stopped at this quaint old winery as well and then met Ann and Robin in Saratoga at one last tasting room.

No comments: