Monday, July 30, 2018

From Warmond to Leiden...

It was strange when we entered the restaurant, found it entirely empty—and it remained empty—and was told we couldn’t sit on the waterfront side of the room because of Kati. I offered to sit separately so everyone else could enjoy the view, but they thought that was silly.
When we got to this spot, I recognized it as where we held a FILTH H3 circle in the dark after one of Celine and Richard’s hashes.
Several of the ladies caught a bus from Warmond back to the station, while the rest of us decided to continue walking to Leiden. Along the way we saw Oud Poelgeest, a castle in Oestgeest built in 1668 which is now used as a conference center.
Our path also crossed another park we’ve hashed through several times: Leidse Hout.
I took this photo when I got home to show that the leaves had finally returned to the giant tree in our front garden, but we were surprised that they grew in red rather than the usual green.

No comments: