Friday, July 06, 2018

Training Begins...

In late November, Kent proposed another one of this wild ideas: trekking in the Himalayas to Everest Base Camp. Even wilder is that I agreed to go along with him and Carlin. Between the training and the 2.5 week trip to Nepal in late August, Jimmy couldn’t commit the time to joining us as he’s trying to start a business. I was thrilled when Terri accepted my invitation to join us. In early April we finally started our training with just us girls on this walk from Wassenaar Beach to Katwijk. 
As always, Kati enjoyed running through the dunes...
...and to the beach. 
We added a few up and downs to the beach in an attempt to get a little hill training.
I felt really bad that I forgot to bring any dog treats along, but Kati was one happy dog when Carlin and I ordered ham and cheese sandwiches and told the waiter to hold the ham to give to Kati. 

No comments: