Monday, April 08, 2019

Final Day in Athens....

While Ashlynn was at a casting the morning of my final day in Athens, I headed over to Ace Models, her Greek agency, to have a chat with her booker. I’m really pleased with how this shot of the Arch of Hadrian, built around 131 AD, looks like it’s in the middle of nowhere when in fact it is on a very busy road.
When Ashlynn and I met up, we stopped in The Loom, the carpet store in the historic walking district where her editorial was shot. 
We had a nice chat with the owner. As you can see, Ashlynn wouldn’t let me take a photo of her.
 We saw lots more ruins as we walked towards the Acropolis.
Eventually we made it to the path up the 480-foot (145-meter) Filopappou Hill, known as the Hill of the Muses as legend has it that nine muses were buried there.
Due to its closer location, this hill had even better views looking down on the Acropolis and the city.
It also had a nice view of Mount Lycabettus, where we had watched the sun set two days earlier.
My timing was perfect because I happened to be with Ashlynn when she got some great news: IMG had arranged for her to go to Seoul for eight weeks in early January, followed by eight weeks in Sydney. How nice of IMG to help me plan the locations of my next big trips as well.

No comments: