Friday, July 19, 2019

Another Day in NYC...

Every morning before 9 a.m., Central Park becomes a giant dog park as dogs are allowed off leash in many sections of the park. The next morning we joined Peter at 7 a.m. to experience this particular activity for locals. We started with the worst hot chocolate I think I’ve ever had...
 ...then went for a wander around the park with his two dogs.
The dogs were clearly so happy to be able to run free.
It was sweet to see this dog statue, which was sculpted in 1925 to depict Balto, a lead sledding dog who fought a blizzard in Alaska to transport critical medicine.
 
I especially liked seeing this wonderful Alice in Wonderland bronze statue, which was made for the children of New York City in 1959. 
That afternoon, Jimmy and I went to see the musical Avenue Q, an adult parody of Sesame Street. I was somewhat skeptical about a show featuring puppets, but it was truly hilarious.
Our timing was good since the show ended after 16 years in May.

No comments: