Friday, December 13, 2019

Open Construction Day...

When Stacie, who moved back to the US in 2007, asked me to help her at a conference in Amsterdam, I was surprised because I know nothing about her industry. I was even more surprised when I found out what my assignment was: taking photos of slides during presentations that I couldn’t even begin to understand. Turns out I didn’t even have to do it on the sly as most of the audience was taking photos of the slides.
In between committing corporate espionage, I convinced Stacie to come with me to the hotel next door which was under construction and was hosting an open house as part of Construction Day 2019, where construction projects around the country are open to the public to see their progress.
We had to walk across planks over giant puddles...
...around to the back of the building...
...before we could finally go inside.
Our first stop was to see a sample room without furniture. Apparently the 650-room nHow Amsterdam RAI Hotel will be the largest in the Benelux.

No comments: