The next day I went to Fotografiska, the Museum of Photography, which was the only museum I paid to enter.
I got such a good laugh out of the Truth is Dead exhibit by British photographer Alison Jackson, that it alone was worth the price of admission. At first glance all of her photographs look like famous people in unusual scenes...
...such as Prince Harry soaking Queen Elizabeth in champagne...
...or Queen Elizabeth walking her Corgis down a UK High Street.
There was a sign next to the Trump photos reiterating that Donald Trump is not in any of the photos. It is a lookalike, as in all of the other photos, proving that you cannot rely on your own perceptions when it comes to photography. Much like the President, the camera lies. To see more of her images, click here.I loved the view from the museum’s restaurant, where I especially enjoyed the Sourdough Belgian Blonde which was brewed with leftover sourdough bread from the restaurant.
It was interesting to learn about Stockholm’s history.
This wasn’t in the museum, but nearby, and is included to show that I didn’t see any impressive street art.









No comments:
Post a Comment