Friday, March 27, 2020

Back to Rotterdam...

While Jimmy was on a business trip to the US in early September, where he managed to meet up with several of our hash friends in San Diego and DC, I spent an afternoon on my own in Rotterdam. This little guy, made by a Hungarian artist born in 1925, is named Fikkie. Like me, he was born in 1963; unlike me, he has been in the shopping district since 1992.
More fascinating was seeing the progress being made on the Depot Boijmans Van Beuningen, an incredible art storage facility under construction. Apparently The Depot will feature an incredible 151,000 artworks that can be browsed alone or with a guide.
The rooftop will be free to access and will feature a cafĂ© and viewing deck. Can’t wait to have our first beer break up there.
Considering how much I love reflections, I can’t wait to see how the building looks once all the mirrored glass panels are installed. 
Just across the way are a series of fountains that attact little ones.
And in front of the Kunsthal was a sculpture in the shape of a giant diamond ring.

No comments: