Friday, April 24, 2020

Back to My Roots...

When I found out that Sally was going to visit Andrew in Boston, where he was doing a year-long chemistry internship at Harvard Medical School, I boldly invited myself to tag along to keep her company while he was at work and she agreed. Before meeting up with her, I flew to California to spend a relaxing week with my family. Jimmy joined me there for the first few days, before flying to San Diego and New York for a bunch of meetings. Sadly, these are the only two photos from our visit: trying on Leigh’s taco costume...
...and lunch with Leigh and Ann on my last day before catching an overnight flight to Boston. 
Andrew lived in Cambridge with three other British students doing a variety of internships. He was working in a lab researching cures for degenerative neurological diseases such as Parkinson’s; unlike his housemates, his internship didn’t pay, which was unfortunate. Housing prices in Boston are crazy high and his place was definitely in need of a major overhaul, but it was in a nice and convenient neighborhood...
...with lots of cool urban art.

No comments: