The following day, we jumped in Bjarne’s car for the 1.5-hour drive to Efteling, a theme park—the Netherlands’ largest and one of the world’s oldest—outside of Tilburg that I had last visited in 2008. After injuring a rib the night before, the Vogel Rok, an indoor rollercoaster in the dark, was the biggest thrill ride that I could handle.
There were limits on the number of visitors and social distancing protocol at all rides. Here we were waiting outside with white lines indicating where each group should stand; once inside, there was loads of plexiglass separating the switchback lines with white paint or tape designating where we should stand.
We had never gone to one of the shows and were really impressed by the set of the show Ravelijn...
…the bird lady…
…and the sword work of the knights. Most impressive was the acrobatics done on horseback that I failed to capture.Ashlynn has always loved mermaids, but seemed shocked by this topless mermaid.








No comments:
Post a Comment