Jimmy joined me one afternoon in July to go to the Mauritshuis to see their special exhibit: Fleeting – Scents in Color. It was quite fascinating to experience the ways in which the museum shared how odors were portrayed in 17th century art. I particularly liked View of the Oudezijds Voorburgwal by Jan van der Heyden showing the Oude Kerk in Amsterdam in 1670.
It wasn’t too crowded in the main exhibition so I was able to pose with one of my favorite paintings, Vermeer’s View of Delft, wearing my matching mask and color-coordinated top.
Too bad Jimmy hadn’t brought his mask from the Mauritshuis, a close up of the mouth from Frans Hals’ Laughing Boy.
After seeing incredible 17th century art, it was time to see new urban art. I’m not a big fan of cats, but loved the playfulness of the cats playing pranks along the Achterom near the Passage.Even a mouse...
…and a snail got into the act.We found these two lovely murals nearby.












No comments:
Post a Comment