When I found out that Bleeding from Below was haring in Den Bosch at the end of September, I contacted him and suggested that he consider taking the trail to the Bolwoningen (Ball Homes), a Dutch community that I had read about on Atlas Obscura but had yet to see. Turns out that he had also never seen them despite living in Den Bosch for almost 20 years.
Since it was over 5K from the start, only the runners could see these 50 funky homes built in 1984. The artist was apparently inspired by clay huts in Africa and igloos. Built of reinforced concrete and fiberglass, space is tight in these one-bedroom three-story homes with 592 square feet of living space.Unlike the Cube Houses in Rotterdam, the Ball Homes were definitely off the beaten path.
Lucky for us, Opee was willing to run back to the nearest store as these funny benches that looked like brushes made the perfect place for a beer break. Ironically Slippery’s son had a physics question that week about the size of these orbs.








No comments:
Post a Comment