This was the view I had while I waited for her. It was cool to see that the cows were free to hang out outside on nice days.
After her meeting, we took a walk past the Floating Farm as we made our way further into the city.
Cool to see that recycled asphalt was used in making this bike path.
When I took Veronica across Dakpark, Europe’s largest rooftop park, I saw this part of the water feature again that can be played in...
…and then noticed this part that I’d failed to see before, which is clearly for decoration.As we approached the Maas River, we spotted the SS Rotterdam and what appeared to be a Ferris wheel...
…and the south ventilation building for the tunnel under the river. I’d been in the Maastunnel once before on a hash, but it was Veronica’s first time. It is quite dramatic going down the wooden escalator...…and seeing folks with bikes around you. It is especially incredible to realize that this tunnel opened in 1942 during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands during World War II.
It was cool that the pedestrian section was 65 feet (20 meters) below sea level and that next door was extra special as the first car tunnel in the Netherlands.
Loved how dramatic this exit was from the tunnel.
No comments:
Post a Comment