Ruislip Lido is a reservoir created in 1811.
One of the hares told us that this artificial beach was once used in a UK film that was supposedly set in Spain
First daffodils spotted this year.
Sorry, long story ahead: Three weeks prior, we had a bad experience with another member of the RA Team. When he heard that Opee and I had been asked to RA that day, he said, “You can be my assistants” and I assured him that wasn’t going to happen. Then he said, “If you’re not funny, I’ll take over.” Opee missed hearing his grumbles, so I told him while we were running that he needed to come up with an appropriate response to call him out on his negativity. He came up with a brilliant plan! He borrowed six metal cocktail sticks from the bartender and handed them out to random hashers with instructions to hit their glasses whenever a down-down was funny. If they were silent for two down-downs in a row, we would concede the floor to the grouchy RA. Needless to say, everyone found things to tap against their glasses and the experiment was a success.
This particular week, I was asked to co-RA with that hasher. He originally asked me to share all of my down-downs so he could write them down to make sure that we wouldn’t duplicate anything. He’s a bit older and clearly old school since I use my phone to take notes on trail and assured him that there was no way we’d have the same accusations beyond the usual hares, visitors, etc. Luckily we worked well as a team.







No comments:
Post a Comment