Ashlynn left the following day, so I was on my own to venture out in search of yet another Banksy, this time east of Greenwich. It was a beautiful day when I took the Tube to Greenwich North. My journey started with this cool piece of art called Poured Staircase by Ian Davenport. The sign said he created a full-sized replica of the stairs in his studio, poured saturated colors down the steps, photographed the result and transferred it into a vinyl format. I continued along the Thames Path to the Thames Barrier, which I first visited in November 2019...
…and then turned into an industrial area to see Banksy’s latest, a rhino which had already been protected. It wasn’t quite as interesting without the car that the rhino seemed to be resting on in the initial photos of the artwork.
Definitely not the prettiest part of town...
...but saw some very pretty parts of the city later in the day.






No comments:
Post a Comment