
At the beginning of the school year, I was recruited to be the US International Representative at our school. Besides greeting new American families, I was asked to find a way for the US to participate in the school’s International Festival for the first time. Not surprisingly, it was Jimmy that came up with a unique way for us and a few other Americans to be part of this annual variety show. He wrote a script for an old-fashioned radio show complete with news, jokes and singing Take Me Out to the Ballgame. He wore a tux as the MC and was in charge of audience participation. Veronica was a co-anchor and the straight man for jokes. Ashlynn did an Ovaltine ad and lots of special effects. And I did the travel report, which concluded with water being poured over my head to simulate a rainstorm in Yellowstone. It was pretty silly, but we enjoyed performing and luckily the audience seemed to enjoy it. I won’t give away what Jimmy’s already plotting for next year, but will say he’s threating to include a pie fight, which will be a good way not to be invited back the following year.
1 comment:
Yo, Missa,
Sounds like it was a blast for all of you. I hope there's a video.
Post a Comment