* When a downhill mountain biking junior champion says a hill is steep, believe him. No idea why we still let the bike rental guy at the hotel talk us into riding up to the Eibsee, the lake above at 3,000 foot elevation. Turned out that the bike lane was covered with ice, so we ended up pushing the bikes alongside the road for 1.25 miles up a 13% grade (granted, Jimmy did most of the pushing) only to find out the trail around the beautiful lake was also covered in ice and I was too much of a wimp to try it. I did overcome my fears of downhills enough to ride my brakes all the down.* Jimmy would fight a bear for me. While on our hike, we came across a set of large animal tracks in the snow that appeared out of nowhere. I thought they were a large dog, but Jimmy thought they were bear despite that bears usually hibernate during winter. He tried not to scare me, but secretly plotted how he’d distract the bear so I could get away. Turns out there are no bears in that part of the Alps, but it’s good to know that my man would defend me.
No comments:
Post a Comment