Monday, April 05, 2010

Chaos Reigns...


If I had but one word to describe what I experienced of Delhi, I’d say Chaos. Perhaps the disorganized encounters at the Indian Embassy in Holland should have forewarned me, but it was nothing compared to the real thing. I traveled a lot in the Far East in the 90’s, but that also didn’t prepare me for the jostling crowds and the insane traffic. Even the markets were hard to walk through as bike rickshaws were constantly trying to squeeze through the narrow paths and there were rarely sidewalks. Traffic lights were rare in the market area and crosswalks were completely nonexistent. I’m usually pretty daring after years of jaywalking with the Hash, but I froze and Jimmy had to drag me across several streets. While I am glad that we went, I won’t be rushing back.

1 comment:

SparBlogger said...

that's not busy....New York on the weekend is busy, LA freeways are busy...that looks insane.