At the beginning of the school year, Jimmy suggested that we spearhead the effort to start a running club. We quickly recruited David and Max to be the student coaches. Unfortunately, Jimmy’s work schedule kept him out of town too often to help, so I ended up the parent chaperone when the club started in mid-March. I’m a very slow runner, so I cycled along instead and timed the kids .
I was really impressed with David and Max. They did a wonderful job mixing up the distances and encouraging the kids. Here are Andrew and Ashlynn running on the longest route, which was almost 7K.
Ashlynn never missed a meeting and was usually the fastest (and sometimes only) girl along. It was good preparation for the cross country race during Sports Day. Ashlynn was the first Year 7 (6th grade) girl and won a pair of sunglasses.



No comments:
Post a Comment