While Veronica was off visiting Lois, Jimmy and I headed to Stirling Castle where we had a late lunch before touring the castle. Built in 1503, the great hall was the largest banqueting hall built in medieval Scotland. In the 1800s, it was used as military barracks.
The Royal Palace was built in 1542 to celebrate James V’s wedding and consisted of his and hers apartments. This outer hall was quite impressive with colorful replicas of the Stirling Heads.
While the tapestries were all reproductions, they were lovely; I especially liked the unicorns.
The majority of the surviving buildings were built between 1490 and 1600.
Afterwards, we went to a pub for dinner and Veronica joined us for dessert. We couldn’t stay in the pub past 9 p.m. since Veronica’s under 18, so we missed the Halloween party. On our walk back to our inn, I saw this sign for the Dog Fouling Act: is that guy actually waiting with a scooper for his dog to poop?






No comments:
Post a Comment