A few days after arriving in Tokyo, Ashlynn gave up eating fish and became a vegetarian. Just days after arriving home, she announced she was going vegan. Initially, Jimmy and I weren’t thrilled with the idea, but it became quickly evident that Ashlynn was really doing her homework to investigate alternative sources of protein and nutrients. Not wanting to impose on us, she offered to make herself separate dinners. We thought that was silly, so she and I now cook vegan dinners together regularly.
Over Christmas, the girls started playing around with making a food-based Instagram account, which they named The Vegan Princesses. Originally Ashlynn was the chef and Veronica was the photographer. They decided that they would eventually reveal their identifies, so had me take photos of them while preparing a vegan sushi dinner.
They couldn’t resist hamming it up.
I wondered how they’d continue once Veronica went back to UEA, but she really caught the bug and starting cooking vegan at school so she could continue posting as well. I’m really impressed with how nice their account looks (and tastes!)




No comments:
Post a Comment