Monday, August 14, 2017

Farewell Cruise...

It came as a surprise when Seanette announced that she and Richard would be moving to West London with just one month’s notice from his company. I figured that it was unlikely that I’d have a chance to see her before she left since she’d be so busy with friends in Amsterdam, so I was pleasantly surprised when I got an invitation for a farewell gathering of AWC friends.
She invited just four of us to an intimate high tea aboard an incredible private luxury canal boat (we paid for our own lunch, but she very generously treated us to the two-hour boat tour).
Our captain was very nice. Here he is collecting our lunch from a local restaurant.
Saloon Boat Salute was built in the 1920s and painstakingly restored a few years ago to its former grandeur and converted to being 100% electric.
Due to our boat’s small size, we could go into the smaller canals that the typical tourist boats can’t reach...
...and could get quite close to some recognizable spots, such as the East Indiaman, a beautiful reproduction of a ship from 1749...
...and our favorite dive bar in Amsterdam: the Sluyswacht (no it’s not your imagination—it really is very crooked).

















No comments: