While Jimmy was in Switzerland learning about super colliders, I was learning about some buildings in The Hague during the Day of Architecture. The first stop was the Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations, which is responsible for “safeguarding the core values of democracy.” These twin 38-storey towers were completed in 2012, replacing some outdated public housing.
Despite the fact that the website about the event was in English, both tours that I had registered for ended up being in Dutch. I was extra lucky that I had invited Carlin to come along as it turned out that she’s an excellent translator.
We weren’t allowed to take photos in the swanky cafeteria or the minister’s offices, but we were allowed to take photos of the incredible views from the cafĂ© on the 38th floor.It was a beautiful clear day and we could see to the North Sea.
Although I’ve stepped down as Editor of Going Dutch, Jimmy and I have offered to continue helping with the cover, so this is likely to be a cover in the next year.





No comments:
Post a Comment