Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Walking with the AWC...

In mid-May, I joined the AWC Walking Group on their first walk further afield. We took a train to Woerden to do an 8-mile (13-kilometer) segment of the Floris V Long Distance Walking Route, which connects Amsterdam to Bergen op Zoom covering over 150 miles (245 km). 
We started with a quick pop into St. Bonaventura Church, which was built in 1892.
The inside was simple, but colorful.
With just a quick glimpse of Woerden, I hope to go back again to see more. Here we are leaving the city in front of a windmill that I recognized from previous cycle rides in the vicinity.
These tree trunks under a highway first looked like random debris, but then we realized that they were strategically placed to allow wildlife to cross through this busy area.  
Eventually we headed into the countryside along the Linschoten River to our final destination of Oudewater, a town of 10,000 dating back to 1265.

No comments: