I was shocked when I could finally check into our spacious room, with a four-poster bed...
...and nice views.
Originally built in the 14th century, the castle was eventually destroyed during World War II. A family bought the ruins in 2007 and set about bringing it back to its former glory. Our room was in the front corner as seen from down the hill.A wander up to the floor above us revealed lots of dead animals.
That evening we had a traditional buffet dinner followed by Slovakian dancers teaching us a traditional dance.
Overall, there was lots of medieval decor inside, but outside someone clearly had a sense of humor when they chose these little gnomes to cheer up the rocky hill beside the parking lot.I went on a few walks, but wasn’t very impressed with the nearby village which had two restaurants and this unwelcoming store.









No comments:
Post a Comment