We were glad that Ashlynn joined us for part of the day before heading to Amsterdamse Bos for a music festival.
Check out the clog-shaped boat.
The last time I went under this particular bridge was when the canals were frozen and I followed Jimmy and Derek while they were skating.
By the time we went out in the afternoon, the main canals were pretty clean, but we still managed to find some pockets of trash on the smaller canals.
This was the first time I’d ever spotted a barge used for bike parking.
Forgot to ask how it is that some of the locks are closed, but others are open.
Our destination was next door to the Maritime Museum, which was flying the Pride Flag. We dropped off the plastic with the folks from Plastic Whale, a boat company that does daily tours while cleaning the canals and then makes new boats out of the recycled plastic.









No comments:
Post a Comment