Wednesday, June 03, 2020

First Night in Exeter...

That evening we went on a nice long walk around town. This steep staircase is a shortcut from her house up the big hill to downtown.
There’s a lot of historic buildings in Exeter including towers...
...and old Tudor buildings. This one houses an adorable bookstore.
We covered a lot of ground. Here’s Exeter Quayside, a very nice area of restaurants and pubs along the River Exe...
...and these were some early Christmas decorations in the city center.
As we were entering the Old Firehouse, a pub popular with Exeter students, a guy threw a soda bottle on the ground in front of us. I was so impressed that Veronica told him to pick it up and throw it away. I thought for sure he’d just toss it back on the ground once she turned to go inside, so I was surprised to see that he indeed did throw it away.
Veronica was very excited to be able to share a giant delicious vegan pizza with me.
Afterwards we stopped at a cozy cocktail bar for an apple pie shot. 

No comments: