On April 10, Veronica and I rode to Wassenaar to our closest fields, which had tulips...
…and daffodils.
It felt great to be back on my bike. It was my first time out of our village in 3.5 weeks. Whoever would have thought that a 20-minute cycle ride could be such a big adventure!
As you can see, the fields were colorful, but not fully in bloom yet. Veronica was very excited to get her drone out.
She clearly really gets into being one of the Women Who Drone. Here is the finished video...
…and here are a few shots of us from the drone. I returned one week later to find a big difference in the fields. Although these two shots weren’t taken from the exact same angle, the difference between the above and below shots is pretty drastic.
I was excited to meet up with Terri, who I hadn’t seen in two months, for a socially distanced chat. Surprisingly, she had never visited any of the bulb fields in the more than 20 years that she’d been living in Holland, so I was happy to show her the closest tulips.Veronica was happy to bring Brett there a few days later so he could see what all the fuss was about.
The weather wasn’t as great at the end of the month when I took Ashlynn back for a final visit; she hadn’t been to the bulb fields since she was little. The field shown in all of the above photos was near its end, but this field across the street was in full bloom.

















No comments:
Post a Comment