Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Bright Colors in Rotterdam...

I was thrilled to find an app of walking routes around Rotterdam, including two different routes of street art. We knew we didn’t have enough time to complete either of the 4.5-mile (7K) routes, so we just chose the one that started closest to where we were and visited the first nine artworks. 
Painting in the Global Tradition, Slight Return, by an anonymous artist, was reminiscent of Buddhist temple guards with Egyptian accents.
Both of these were made by a Chilean artist. The horse, known as the Globetrotter, has spots on his body that form the map of the world. His head is supposed to represent the dreams of world travelers.  The faces represent cultural variation and social cohesion.
I especially liked this tall young lady.
These three artworks weren’t actually part of the official route. OX-Alien is known for his use of the letters O and X to form the eyes of aliens. I love the bright colors of his whimsical designs. 

 

No comments: