On December 12, we journeyed back up to Amsterdam for what would be our last trip there for at least 3.5 months as the new lockdown was starting two days later and is still ongoing through at least the end of March. It was very sweet of Victor and Nadine to invite us over for dinner. It was a dry night, so we took a long walk from the train station to their house, where we were surprised to see some over the top Christmas decorations.
Things were very quiet when we caught a late train from Amsterdam Zuid station...
…into an abandoned Schiphol.
How strange to realize that not only did I pass through Schiphol’s train station fewer times than usual, I never used the airport in 2020. After flying around the world for the first time in 2019, I never flew in 2020, surely the first year that I hadn’t flown since college.
No comments:
Post a Comment