Friday, April 23, 2021

Exploring Around Voorlinden...

A few weeks later, Sally, Kati and I walked again in Wassenaar, starting at a different point and heading towards Voorlinden, a private modern art museum what we have never visited. I was happy to see Belted Galloways. which always brings back good memories of North Carolina. 
In front of the closed museum, we spotted these brightly colored metallic mushrooms.
Further along the property, we spotted even more Belted Galloways.
Along the back of the property, which was entirely fenced in, were the dunes.
The birds weren't thrilled about Kati walking through their woods.
On yet another walk, we headed towards Meijendel, the largest contiguous dune area in South Holland.
I really appreciated being in an area that I hadn't visited in years. Somehow we even managed not to get lost. 
It might be hard to tell, but this was actually a pretty steep and sandy hill. Of course, Kati ran down it, but Sally and I also managed to get down without any trouble. 
 

No comments: