Friday, April 23, 2021

Walking in Wassenaar...

In late January, it became too cold and windy to walk in the dunes. Instead, Sally took me and Kati to the woods of Wassenaar for a change of pace.
It was cool sharing with Sally much of the path that Veronica and Brett set for us when we hashed there way back in mid-May.
While I used to cycle in this area years ago to go to Darlene's to scrapbook, this was the first time that I actually walked past the Kasteel de Wittenburg. Dating back to 1899 as a private estate, it opened as a hotel and events venue in 1963. 
Across from the castle was this sweet sculpture of a young girl collecting Easter eggs.
It was surprising to see that Santa was still hanging out in front of this mansion in late January. 
A silver lining in the craziness of the pandemic was that I could spend extra time with Sally since her job was essentially on hold while the BSN was operating virtually.




 

No comments: