Thursday, June 16, 2022

Zombie Hash...

Veronica, Jim and I ate lunch in the village while Jimmy and Richard prelaid parts of the trail. The turnout was impressive with 25 hashers from Holland and Brussels. 
The trail started down the hill from the sanatorium and went through the woods. 
While I was still with the pack when this photo was taken, I got pretty far behind on the hills and ended up alone. You can image how startled I was when a stranger came up behind me, but luckily he was just a late arrival. 
I was relieved to finally catch up with some other hashers so I didn’t have to enter the sanatorium by myself considering these two zombies (beautifully captured by Rumple) were waiting for us. 
Unique to this Zombie Hash, we could earn immunity from the zombies by getting a shot, which came in a shot glass and acted as a vaccination at each beer stop. We were then given a sticker to prove our immunity.
Clearly the zombies were enjoying their role... 
…and little Dylan wasn’t phased by all the commotion. 
You definitely had to watch your step whether inside or out on the large terrace.




 

No comments: