We donned the visitor uniforms and cool phone pouches that were designed by Saskia Markx, who Jimmy and I had met at De Wasserij. It was very cool that we got to ride up in the huge freight elevator, normally used to transport artworks.
Terri and I were the only ones still wearing masks, which had just become optional in museums.
The one-hour tour included visiting a ten-minute visit to one storage compartment. Ironically, we ended up visiting the same one that we had gone into the previous month with Veronica and Brett. At first I was a bit disappointed, but we saw some different pieces of art and were allowed to take photos.Our tour guide pointed out this piece by Andy Warhol...
…and this one with barbed wire from a concentration camp.
In contrast, there were several large textile collages...
…and what might have been a restaurant banner advertising oatmeal.
We finished our tour on the rooftop, where I captured this selfie.












No comments:
Post a Comment