Sunday, November 03, 2024

Introducing Veronica’s PhD Research Project...

I am sorry that my blog posts are so far behind. I know that her plans have evolved since these photos were taken in March during the timeline that I’m currently posting about, but figured it was past time to introduce Veronica’s wild idea to collect data for her PhD research.
Introducing the Farming Futures Cycle Tour. While her website didn’t go live with her plans until September, I don’t want you to have to wait until I’ve posted photos from March until September so that you can learn what she’s up to. In her own words:

Visions of the future help us shape the present. What are the dominant visions of future food production in the UK? And what visions do farmers themselves hold of the future of farming? To answer these questions, I am planning to cycle across England, stopping along the way to interview women in farming communities for my PhD research. By cycling a cross-section of the country, I hope to speak with women across different geographic and farming contexts, allowing me to “collect” a range of visions for the future of farming.













No comments: