. Along the way, I spotted this Banksy-like mural...
…some fancy buildings...
…and a sculpture on a lock.
I finally visited the National Holocaust Names Memorial where the 102,000 Dutch Jews that were murdered by Nazis and not properly buried finally have their names listed individually. The reflections on mirrors were a fitting feature for this somber monument.
This funky rat was outside of what was once the Hermitage Museum, which showcased Russian art and was an unexpected casualty of the attack on the Ukraine in February 2022. It is now the H’art Museum, where I quickly flitted through an uninspiring Roman exhibit, That evening, Jimmy and I took the overnight ferry back to England.
He went straight to work, so wasn’t with me when I discovered that my key wouldn’t open our door. Since it wouldn’t open with the building manager’s key either, it was clearly a problem with the lock itself. Luckily it took less than two hours from the time that I called our property manager to when a locksmith had replaced the lock. Ironically, just two days ago, a handyman destroyed our deadbolt while miscalculating where to install a new door handle.









No comments:
Post a Comment