Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Better Than Roto Sushi...

We were excited to find a sushi place with the delivery system that Stella, a 17-year-old Dutch model that is also represented by IMG and Dune but is with a different Japanese agency, had told us about. This place was called Genki and they have restaurants in Hawaii as well. First we made our own green tea with instant hot water at our seat.
Then we each placed our own order on the tablet in front of us. We could order three items at one time. The prices were incredibly low.
A few minutes later, a tray would be delivered on a conveyor belt with our items. Once we'd removed our plates, we hit a button so the tray could move back to pick up the next order. So much better than waiting for plates to go by at a normal roto sushi restaurant because the selection was so much larger and you didn't have to wonder if someone else would grab what you wanted first. 
I got a bit daring for my first round. The orange one on the left is sea urchin, which I'd never had before nor plan to have again. And on the left is squid with okra; while I love squid, didn't like the combination. Everything else was excellent, especially the scallops with fried leeks. We'll definitely be going back. 
Who  knew that fast food could make Ashlynn so happy?

1 comment:

JamesWhite said...

That's a great picture of Ashlynn... I'm glad you guys are having a great time!