Wednesday, July 29, 2015

First Sushi...

Had no idea that Ashlynn would be working so late, especially not on her first night, so I had to wait for her awhile (while I don't plan to meet her every night, there was no way I was going to have her wandering around on her own that first night). Finding sushi at 10 p.m. was harder than we'd expected. Lucky for us, the sushi place we finally found served excellent food! Here's my lightly seared salmon with fried leeks...
...and Ashlynn's aubergine sushi. While sushi has been Ashlynn's favorite food for years, she declared herself a vegetarian just a month ago (ironically, although we have tried to dissuade her from going vegan, we just found out that she has an allergy to dairy and eggs which is causing her eyes to tear). While she hasn't touched chicken or fish at home since, she has agreed that she'll eat some salmon and shrimp while in Japan.
This fellow was such a sweetie. He hardly spoke any English, but was very entertaining. Definitely much tastier and fresher than any sushi we've ever had in Holland.

No comments: