Monday, January 16, 2017

Hiking in Ireland...

We were unsure where to go for our family summer vacation, so when Veronica found out about an Ultimate Frisbee tournament in Dublin in August, the decision was made. Just a day after Veronica’s return from Africa, we boarded a plane for Ireland, rented a car at the airport and headed to Killarney, where we stayed within walking distance of Killarney National Park.
The day after our arrival, we went on a hike to a waterfall in the park.
We opted to take the longest and most difficult route. Despite the warning that the first 1,775 feet (540 meters) was quite steep, I thought the C2C would have definitely prepared me, but it was much more strenuous than I expected.
 While the girls powered up the hills, I staggered slowly behind.
 The views along the way were beautiful...
...and we were all happy to be back in the woods.

No comments: