Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Waterfalls and Canyons...

Instead of spending another day in the safari park, we had a guided tour around the surrounding areas. 
We visited a viewpoint over the Blyde River Canyon, one of the largest canyons in the world. As you can see, the views over the landscape were incredible.
Here I am with some of my best friends from the Mozambique trip: Daisy, Charlotte and Shelly. We were dressed warmly as it was winter in South Africa; the mornings were especially cold. 
Lisbon Falls—the tallest waterfall in the region at 308 feet (94 meters)—was absolutely stunning, especially with the beautiful sunlight glinting off the water. 
I enjoyed playing around with long shutter speed at these smaller waterfalls. 
All-in-all, the 5.5 weeks I spent in Africa was truly an incredible time exploring a new and beautiful part of the world, meeting many like-minded people, and having lots of opportunities for taking photos.

No comments: