It was fortunate that the second day was our shortest route as we got a late start since we wanted to watch the Rugby World Cup Final first. Of the four of us, only Kent regularly watches rugby and was very excited to see South Africa play (he was born in England, but lived in SA for most of his life). Personally, I’d never watched rugby and Jimmy had only just recently watched his first game with Reinhardt, also from SA, but we were both intrigued by the idea of sitting in a pub in England watching England play.
We had made multiple attempts the previous day to find a pub that still had space available, but all we could confirm was the Brewdog at Tower Hill, a fun pub in the evenings (Jimmy and I had gone there the night before for a few beers), but a pretty sleepy place early on a Saturday morning in a business district. Kent’s enthusiasm was contagious and I found myself surprisingly interested in the game. No doubt it helped that we had excellent seats and were anticipating a big breakfast once the kitchen finally opened.
No photos were allowed inside. Carlin opted not to join us for a quick walk through the dog kennels. There was a cute gift shop where I bought Kati some gifts.





No comments:
Post a Comment