Monday, November 07, 2022

Behind-the-Scenes...

As I’ve done several times over the years, I photographed the dress rehearsal on the Thursday night before official performances started on Friday. I hitched a ride with Jenny, the director, arriving quite early. Before getting her make-up, Veronica was fitted with her microphone.

Following panto tradition, the top comedic role was a man crossdressing as a woman, in this case as one of three fairy godmothers. 
The volunteers doing make-up worked so hard! They spent an incredible amount of time on each principal in addition to working on the large number of dancers, plus refreshing make-up at the intermission. 
Little kids have always been drawn to Veronica. 
She enjoyed doing a photoshoot a few weeks later with this nine-year-old who is hoping to become an actress.
Jimmy was in charge of lighting for the show. He actually prefers to do sound, but was happy to help train the next generation of lighting experts. 
 

No comments: