Monday, November 21, 2022

On Your Knees, Boys...

The following day, Jimmy helped Reinhardt install wooden floors. It was just in the nick of time before some major work was to be done that week.  
I swung by to see how things were going, take some photos and enjoy a beer with them. 
I kept my distance, which was just as well, since I tested positive the following day. Luckily we still had Terri’s car, so Jimmy could drive me to The Hague to get my official test, which confirmed the home test. Even more lucky, my only symptom was a very runny nose for about 24 hours. 
It took another two days, but Jimmy followed along by testing positive that Tuesday. He wasn’t quite as lucky as he had a fever and coughed for about 24 hours, but it was still very mild. Special thanks to all the scientists and medical staff that helped us get three jabs as protection. He was relieved that Reinhardt managed to escape catching it from him despite working together in tight quarters. Brett eventually succumbed as well, but also had a very mild case.  
 

No comments: