Gillian left Holland in August 2019 to repatriate to Scotland with her family. They started out in a rental house and then moved into their custom dream house in December 2020. She had sent very few photos, so I had little idea of what to expect. To say I was impressed is an understatement. Although this is the entrance, it felt more like the back of the house since it faced the road...
….with the other side more like the front with lots of windows facing the large yard and beach beyond the trees.
We didn’t use the firepit, but I admired its design.
The dining room and family room...
…were open to the kitchen. We spent some time in the living room, but mostly hung out in the kitchen.
I was happy to see that the farewell gift I had made for Gillian of Beauly and Kati fit beautifully in the shelves in the family room.
My guest room was huge as it was designed to eventually house her parents. Gillian and David have their master bedroom on the ground floor while each girl has an equally large master with an even better view from the second floor along with another living room.
…were open to the kitchen. We spent some time in the living room, but mostly hung out in the kitchen.
I was happy to see that the farewell gift I had made for Gillian of Beauly and Kati fit beautifully in the shelves in the family room.
My guest room was huge as it was designed to eventually house her parents. Gillian and David have their master bedroom on the ground floor while each girl has an equally large master with an even better view from the second floor along with another living room.
Gillian took me for a walk around their golf club community of custom-built homes in a wide variety of styles. For many of the homeowners, these are their vacation homes even if they live as close as nearby Edinburgh.
At the end of her street, we easily snuck onto the golf course to check out the view of the nearby island with lighthouse.











No comments:
Post a Comment