Monday, December 25, 2006

Definitely Worth the Climb...

The day after school let out for the holidays, we hopped a train (ok, it was actually 3 trains, but who's counting?) to Paris for the weekend. I have to admit I wasn't impressed with Paris during my first visit back in 1998. Luckily I was willing to give the city another chance, which paid off with a great visit in 2005 with the Agrios family and now a fantastic weekend on our own. This time we went to Montmarte to tour Sacre Coeur, the Basilica of the Sacred Heart built in 1914 on Paris' highest point. Of course, we couldn't resist going as high as possible, so we climbed the 284 stairs to the top of the dome where we got a great view of the city. Afterwards, we wandered the streets in search of the Moulin Rouge in honor of the movie of the same name that we love so much. Somehow we hadn't realized it would be surrounded by theaters specializing in lap dances, so we didn't hang out long.

No comments: