Thursday, December 14, 2006

A Royal Family...

As Class Mum, I get to choose first which activities to help with. First, I went with the class to the old prison and saw lots of ancient torture devices. Now it was Tudor Day and I couldn't resist the idea of renting a costume for the first time and getting to be royal with Veronica; the entertainment value of the visit to the costume warehouse was well worth the price of the rentals. Sadly, it was raining that morning so we didn't get to wear our costumes on the train. I may have felt like a queen, but my duties for the day were hardly royal. I was in charge of soap making, although we cheated by starting with soap flakes instead of lye and lard, and helped with banquet preparation and clean up. Veronica volunteered to be a servant for the banquet. Since she was overdressed, she was made the noblewoman in charge of the servants, which she thoroughly enjoyed.

No comments: