Friday, June 08, 2012

Next Adventure: Mountain Biking...

After a simple breakfast, it was time to get on our bikes and ride for today’s adventure was mountain biking through the Draa Valley to Ouarzazate. Jimmy, Tony, Veronica, Ashlynn and Max all loved it. Vivynne, Ariana and I had never been on mountain bikes and it showed. Despite all my experience cycling since moving to Holland, I was very nervous riding over rocky terrain and usually chickened out and walked downhill. In fact, I taught Khaled a new word: wimp.
Poor Khaled spent a lot of time waiting for us. We actually had a sag wagon following behind and I think those poor fellows were desperately hoping that I’d give up and get in the van, but I refused.
Not only did I cycle through a creek, but I made it to the end without falling. Check out the great video that Veronica put together with the clips that Jimmy and Tony shot.
Our quote of the day was: Oh look, another rock!

No comments: