We had more visitors this summer than ever before. While Ashlynn was in London, Veronica welcomed another visitor: Freya, one of her Ultimate Frisbee teammates. Veronica enjoyed showing her around, including late night clubbing in Amsterdam.
That Saturday, yet another visitor arrived: Allison, one of my childhood friend Holly’s identical twins. She was in Utrecht for a conference and stayed with us for two nights. I last saw her when she was about 10 and she’s now 25; it was so cool seeing my daughter hanging out with my oldest friend’s daughter.Freya and Veronica split off and I showed Allison around Leiden. Although construction sites aren't usually part of my sightseeing tour, I couldn’t resist seeing the progress on the new underground parking garage that is be to covered with a park.
We went to the De Valk Windmill Museum and De Put Windmill, which is still used to ground whole wheat.
Always love seeing the views from the windmills.






No comments:
Post a Comment