Wednesday, April 04, 2018

Boating in Amsterdam...

We were thrilled when we got an invite from Derek and Abbie to go boating with them while Veronica was in town. Rather than just heading up to Amsterdam in the evening, we suggested that they meet us at Micropia, a museum about microbes. Ashlynn loved the place so much that I was surprised that she was willing to leave voluntarily; I’d thought we’d have to drag her out.
It was a beautiful night...
...to be cruising the Amsterdam canals with good friends.
In fact, it was the first time we’d ever been on a boat on the canals in the dark.
I was happy to finally have the perfect vantage point to shoot the reflections from the lights around the many canal bridges. 
Derek’s 13-year-old daughter, who lives in Switzerland with her mom, was also along with our two girls. 
It was funny seeing a hash mark from the Canal Bike Hash in 2009 in one of the tunnels.

No comments: