My final museum stop was at the Museum of Bags and Purses to see their special Trunk Show, featuring vintage designer trunks that first class passengers would have used during cruises and other world travels.
It wasn’t a very large exhibit, but it was interesting to see all the creative ways these trunks were designed. Since I pay an annual fee for a Museumkaart (Museum Card), it’s usually free for me to pop into a museum to see just their special exhibit.
I never would have guessed that my visit at the end of January would be my last as the museum permanently closed less than two months later due to COVID-19 restrictions. Hopefully the owners will manage to find another home for their collection as it really would be a shame if it has to be sold off separately.
Lastly, I took a few photos outside that day, including this reflection selfie taken next to the Van Gogh Museum...
...and these cool reflection shots on the still waters of a random canal.






No comments:
Post a Comment